This photo licensed under CC by
Here is a very detail list of the job duties for an Information Technology Manager in the new Normal
Information Technology Manager Job Duties:
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
Read more about the new Modern IT Manager (Here)
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Improve your Hiring and Retention during current and next year.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Information Technology, Infrastructure Security, Cloud & Virtual Architecture.
I am an Irvine, California native since 1978 and California State University Fullerton(CSUF) Computer Science Graduate. I have spent over 25+ years in Southern California and Studying Information Technology, DevOPS, Software Development, Network Architecture, Network and Cloud Security, AWS, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Processing and more.