VMware’s VSAN – Hyper-Converged Computing
VMware Virtual SAN is a well planned out solution to the Hyper-Converged infrastructure.
With flash costs dropping VSAN does show a good promise of delivery for the next generation of storage and computing.
Virtual SAN is the only hyper-converged storage solution delivered directly from the hypervisor, resulting in a flash-optimized architecture that delivers as much as 100,000 IOPS per all-flash node.
- Hypervisor-embedded architecture – leverage shortest most efficient I/O data path
- All-Flash architecture – flash caching and SSD data persistence
- Server-side caching -improve virtual machine performance and minimize storage latencies.
- Self-tuning – automatically rebuild and re-balance storage
- Quality of Service (QoS) – Automatically limits and monitors IOPS used by VM’s
Virtual vSAN delivers enterprise availability for the most demanding business critical applications, capable of delivering 99.999% uptime and beyond with built-in and tunable failure tolerance settings.
Read: VMware vSAN Data Sheet
VMware VSAN Product Overview: Click Here